Therme Art Program
Job Category: Operations
Location: Berlin, Germany
Therme Group’s vision is to create the world’s most advanced wellbeing resorts, achieved by harnessing the complex interplay of nature, technology and culture. By combining the traditions of global thermal bathing with an indoor tropical ecosystem, Therme Group’s resorts deliver an experience that enhances mind, body and soul. Therme Group facilities welcome tens of millions of visitors every year, with new projects currently under development in the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
Guided by an understanding of culture as the keystone of spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing, Therme Art looks to art to generate new content and creative wellbeing solutions for use across Therme Group. Working with artists to realise the integration of a ‘Wellbeing Culture’ within urban design, it is a catalyst for collaboration, bringing together an international network of leading figures from diverse fields to address the most urgent aspects of human life. Led by a deep engagement with the natural environment, Therme Art combines the interests of the latest scientific findings in human health, with the needs of urban design and culture.
To help achieve this, we are now seeking to work with a talented Accountant who will manage and oversee daily accounting operations for Therme Art. The role will be based at the Therme Art office at Erkelenzdamm 5, Berlin, with the possibility of working remotely.
Outline of Duties:
The Accountant will supervise, track and evaluate day-to-day operations of the accounting department.
They will bring considerable experience (3-6 years) working at a senior level in a comparable role.
- • Be responsible for the entire bookkeeping to the rough balance sheet
• Perform daily accounting tasks such as monthly financial reporting, general ledger entries,
payments record and cash register; subsidiary ledgers including asset accounting
• UVA Germany
• Intercompany coordination with the parent company and sister companies
• Monthly reporting to the parent company
• Provision of the data in the IDL consolidation software
• Cooperation with Therme Art’s external tax advisors and auditors
• Assist with basic HR duties like new hire documents, compliance, and temporary disability insurance
The Accountant will possess an unparalleled work ethic with a high sense of urgency and the ability to work to tight deadlines. They will have a passion for culture and a desire to work with Therme Art on a long-term basis. They will also hold:
• A completed commercial training; an accountant examination is an advantage, but not a prerequisite
• Excellent knowledge of German accounting regulations and procedures
• Several years of relevant professional experience in an international group
• High level of motivation and problem-solving skills
• Excellent MS Office knowledge
• Excellent written and verbal communication; negotiation skills is a plus
• Fluency in German and English, an additional language is a plus
• A flexible and autonomous approach to work, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
We are looking for employees who would like to grow with us and to become invested in the Therme Art vision. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams, and working as equals.
How to apply:
Email cover letter & CV to Therme Art at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Accountant” in the email subject.