Therme Art Program
BUSINESS MANAGER – CULTURE AND LIFE SCIENCE
Job category: Business
Location: Berlin, Germany
Creating new partnerships and interdisciplinary networks is a vital part of what we do at Therme Art. To help us in this, we are now seeking to work with a talented Business Manager for Culture and Life Science, who will advise and support in the development and realisation of new business ventures. The role will be based at the Therme Art office at Erkelenzdamm 5, Berlin, with occasional travel for business meetings and events.
What you’ll do, what you’ll bring:
Working on a project-guided basis, the Business Manager for Culture and Life Science role will help Therme Art expand its network through the development and consolidation of new ventures. The ideal candidate will bring a minimum of 2–3 years’ experience in business, finance or administration.
You will play an active role in developing and leading strategies to help Therme Art demonstrate how culture can be used as a transformative practice in science, health and urban development. You will research the various holistic approaches to develop and conceptualise Wellbeing Cities and make recommendations to the management team based on your findings. You will also be responsible for integrating innovative solutions in health and culture into new business and finance models. One of the most important aspects of the role will be to support transdisciplinary group efforts to create a true value economic model of goods and services and analyse how it affects the health of the environment and populations.
• Researching new opportunities for Therme Art and nurturing connections
• Orchestrating the development and establishment of new companies
• Developing and executing business plans
• Overseeing financial modelling and controlling
• Overseeing the creation of financial term sheets
• Supporting the creation of new contracts and memorandums
• Supporting the Therme Art finance department as required
• Designing and implementing business plans and strategies to achieve goals
• Overseeing the management of resources to ensure the company can complete its activities
• Supervising the work of employees and providing counsel to improve outputs
• Maintaining excellent working relationships with partners, vendors and suppliers
• Researching and analysing external and internal data to generate reports
• Representing the company at industry events and conferences
The Cultural Business Strategist will possess an unparalleled work ethic with a high sense of urgency and the ability to work to tight deadlines. They will have a relentless drive and a passion for culture. They are proactive and will follow through on commitments. They will also hold:
• 2–3 years’ experience in business, finance, cultural management or administration
• BSc/BA in Business Management or relevant field; MSc/MA is a plus.
• Demonstrable experience in global expansion and establishment of new ventures
• Excellent business acumen with the ability to spot opportunities and negotiate
• A thorough understanding of the contemporary cultural landscape, and the ability to recognise opportunities for growth
• Organised and deadline-focused with a flexible attitude to work
• Excellent teamwork skills and a proven ability to work with cross functional teams
• Project management experience is essential
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong experience in Office, advanced knowledge of Excel
• Fluent in English (our working language); further languages are highly desirable
We are looking for employees who would like to grow with us and move the innovative culture and life sciences sector forward. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams, and working as equals.
How to apply:
Email cover letter & CV to Therme Art at email@example.com. Include “Business Manager – Culture and Life Science” in the email subject.