Therme Art Program
COLLECTIONS & BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT MANAGER
Job Category: Commissions
Therme Group’s vision is to create the world’s most advanced wellbeing resorts, achieved by harnessing the complex interplay of nature, technology and culture. By combining the traditions of global thermal bathing with an indoor tropical ecosystem, Therme Group’s resorts deliver an experience that enhances mind, body and soul. Therme Group facilities welcome tens of millions of visitors every year, with new projects currently under development in the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
Guided by an understanding of culture as the keystone of spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing, Therme Art looks to art to generate new content and creative wellbeing solutions for use across Therme Group. Working with artists to realise the integration of a ‘Wellbeing Culture’ within urban design, Therme Artit is a catalyst for collaboration, bringing together an international network of leading figures from diverse fields to address the most urgent aspects of human life. Led by a deep engagement with the natural environment, Therme Art combines the interests of the latest scientific findings in human health, with the needs of urban design and culture.
Outline of Duties:
To help achieve our ambitious cultural wellbeing mission, Therme Art is seeking an experienced Collections Manager who will support the daily operations of managing Therme Art’s art collection and related strategic partnerships. The role will be based at the Therme Art office at Erkelenzdamm 5, Berlin, with the possibility of working remotely.
- • Report directly to and assist the Head of Collections
• Remain up-to-date with the art industry and emerging talent to grow the collection and prepare acquisition proposals
• Build professional relationships with key strategic partners and assess new partnership opportunities; regularly update and maintain the client database
• Draw up and negotiate project and partnership contracts, term sheets and letters of intent
• Create comprehensive presentations and other marketing materials
• Manage art-related events and activations including scheduling, timelines, budgets, guestlist management, travel, and external communication in coordination with the team
• Assist with additional project management tasks as required, including representation of the company at external events (50% travel component required)
• Support with administrative workflow
- • Extensive knowledge of and prior experience within the art market or related fields; sales experience is preferred
• An outstanding work ethic and ability to prioritise and manage time efficiently
• Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment; thrive in managing multiple projects with tight deadlines
• Ability to build and maintain trusted relationships, and a natural ability to work in teams
• Strong attention to detail, hands-on attitude and problem-solving skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office software and InDesign
• Fluent in English; German is a plus
We are looking for employees who would like to grow with us and become invested in the Therme Art vision. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support, and working as equals.
How to apply:
Please email a cover letter and CV to Therme Art at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Collections Manager” in the email subject.