Therme Art Program
Job category: Communications
Location: Berlin, Germany
To achieve pitch-perfect internal and external communications, we are now seeking to work with a talented Communications Manager who will lead our communications department to support the realisation of an exciting range of Therme Art projects. The role will be based at the Therme Art office at Erkelenzdamm 5, Berlin, with occasional travel for business meetings and events.
What you’ll do, what you’ll bring:
Working on a full-time basis, the Communications Manager will lead the internal and external communication of all Therme Art projects. With in-depth knowledge of the cultural sector, they will bring considerable experience (3-4 years) working at a senior level in a comparable role.
• Managing the work of the communications team on a day-to day basis and ensuring consistent messaging and tone across all internal and external communications
• Planning, developing and implementing successful campaigns across all Therme Art social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and Linkedin)
• Overseeing implementation and pitching of press campaigns to a wide range of local, national, and international media
• Crafting media strategy and long-term communications plan for Therme Art
• Working closely with artists’ studios and staff on media inquiries including interview requests, image permissions, key image selection for panel talks, and specialised press requests, etc.
• Liaising with partners and PR agencies
• Planning and overseeing communications at all Therme Art events
The Communications Manager will possess an unparalleled work ethic with a high sense of urgency and the ability to work to tight deadlines. They will have a passion for culture and a desire to work with Therme Art on a long-term basis. They will also hold:
• Bachelor’s degree in Art History or Communications
• 3-4 years’ experience working in a senior communications role
• Digital native with a deep and intuitive knowledge of social media and experience developing and realising successful campaigns
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills (English is our working language)
• Have a good working knowledge of Photoshop, InDesign Mailchimp, and Microsoft Office
• Have a flexible approach to work, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
• Have good working knowledge of contemporary art (desirable)
• Self-starter with ability to take initiative and pitch creative concepts
We are looking for employees who would like to grow with us and to become invested in the Therme Art vision. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams, and working as equals.
How to apply:
Email cover letter & CV to Therme Art at email@example.com. Include “Communications Manager” in the email subject.