Therme Art Program
CURATORIAL RESEARCHER / WRITER
Job Category: Communications / Curatorial
Location: Berlin, Germany
Therme Group’s vision is to create the world’s most advanced wellbeing resorts, achieved by harnessing the complex interplay of nature, technology and culture. By combining the traditions of global thermal bathing with an indoor tropical ecosystem, Therme Group’s resorts deliver an experience that enhances mind, body and soul. Therme Group facilities welcome tens of millions of visitors every year, with new projects currently under development in the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
Guided by an understanding of culture as the keystone of spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing, Therme Art looks to art to generate new content and creative wellbeing solutions for use across Therme Group. Working with artists to realise the integration of a ‘Wellbeing Culture’ within urban design, it is a catalyst for collaboration, bringing together an international network of leading figures from diverse fields to address the most urgent aspects of human life. Led by a deep engagement with the natural environment, Therme Art combines the interests of the latest scientific findings in human health, with the needs of urban design and culture.
To help achieve our ambitious cultural wellbeing mission, we are now seeking to work with a talented professional writer to research and write on various themes at the heart of Therme Art activities.
Outline of Duties:
The Curatorial Researcher/ Writer will lead Therme Art research activities in several fields of interest such as culture, art, architecture, design, philosophy, science and technology. As part of our Communications department, they will work on the research and development of Therme Art narratives for an exciting range of creative projects. The role will be based at the Therme Art office at Erkelenzdamm 5, Berlin, with the possibility of working remotely.
- • Support in developing concepts for Therme Art curatorial activities, projects and business
• Help to find convincing means to communicate Therme Art cultural and scientific activities
• Track and follow emerging ideas to become potential grounds of development for Therme Art Research
• Coordinate and execute complex transdisciplinary scientific research
• Define and complete research goals in collaboration with the larger team
• Feed the rest of the team with findings and research information
• Keep track of conversations, projects narratives, and any communication material to maintain
an overview and coherence in Therme Art discourse
• Maintain an overview of our collaborative research-relationships
• Create, maintain and oversee Therme Art research archive and library both physically and digitally
- • Write clear and relevant content on Therme Art diverse fields of activities
• Support in writing diverse communication material: press materials, curatorial statements, essays, academic like texts, projects descriptions, social media texts, and similar according to research topics
• Help cross-functional teams with copyediting requests
• Assist with the preparation of talks and presentations
The Curatorial Researcher/ Writer will possess an unparalleled work ethic with a high sense of urgency and the ability to work to tight deadlines. They will have a deep interest in current issues around culture, wellbeing and sustainability. They will also hold:
• Significant research and writing experience in one or several of the following fields: culture, art,
architecture, design, philosophy, science and technology, with an established portfolio of published work
• An ability to brainstorm and conceptualise complex research topics and connect Therme Art multidisciplinary activities with a holistic approach
• A limitless curiosity and great enthusiasm to contribute to Therme Art transdisciplinary discourse
• Outstanding written and verbal communication; great attention to details is a must
• A native level in English; a fluent level in German is a plus
• A flexible and dynamic approach to work, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
We are looking for employees who would like to grow with us and to become invested in the Therme Art vision. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams, and working as equals.
How to apply:
Email cover letter, CV & a sample of published work to Therme Art at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Curatorial Researcher/ Writer” in the email subject.