Therme Art Program
Job Category: Architecture
Guided by an understanding of culture as the keystone of spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing, Therme Art looks to art to generate new content and creative wellbeing solutions for use across Therme Group. Working with artists to realise the integration of a ‘Wellbeing Culture’ within urban design, it is a catalyst for collaboration, bringing together an international network of leading figures from diverse fields to address the most urgent aspects of human life. Led by a deep engagement with the natural environment, Therme Art combines the interests of the latest scientific findings in human health, with the needs of urban design and culture.
To help achieve our ambitious cultural wellbeing mission, we are now seeking a Junior Architectural Designer for the development, integration and implementation of our wellbeing commissions and urban development projects.
Outline of Duties:
As part of the Urban Development and Commissions team, the Junior Architect is responsible for managing and coordinating tasks and activities critical to realizing temporary and permanent wellbeing commissions, as well as the coordination of larger urban development and infrastructural projects. Working closely with our team, as well as artists, galleries, public and private partners, and external consultants to conceptualize, develop, and execute commissions, projects/productions. This position reports to the architectural and urban development team and works collaboratively with members of Therme Art’s curatorial, communications, collections, finance and development teams to support all essential department activities and institutional initiatives.
- • Research of designers, projects, architects, technology and IP as part of commissions and
urban development related context
• Work with the urban development team for the execution of an overarching vision and strategy for the projects
• Create feasibility studies and technical implementation plans for the projects including, technical requirements, drawings, schematic designs, diagrams, written descriptions, etc.
• Create and edit presentations and visual material for projects, write relevant copy and conduct image and visualization research as necessary
• Communicate with contractors, consultants, artists, architects and partners for the coordination of projects, providing support to the team as required
- • Work closely with artists, architects, fabricators, and other vendors to research, develop, and manage the production of art works, installations and buildouts
• Identify suitable materials, technologies, and construction method for the production
• Organize installation and de-installation of projects, supervise installation crews, and manage all on-site logistics
- • Develop and manage project budgets in consultation with the urban development,
commissions, curatorial, and finance departments
• Communicate with and manage relevant external partners and contractors and facilitate necessary agreements
• Develop and track project schedules to ensure deadlines are met
• Additional duties as requested by the team.
The Junior Architect will possess an unparalleled work ethic with a high sense of urgency and the ability to work to tight deadlines. They will have a deep interest in the ongoing discourse of art, culture, wellbeing and sustainability. They will also hold:
- • A Bachelor’s degree in related area of study (e.g. architecture, landscape design, urban
planning, design, visual arts, project management, construction management)
• Minimum of one to three (1–3) years professional experience in architecture, landscape design,urban planning, art production, exhibition organization, or other relevant experience in the field
• Excellent research, written and verbal communication skills in one or several of the following fields: culture, art, architecture, design, philosophy, science and technology
• Experience working with architects, artists, fabricators, and contractors; knowledge of construction methods and processes
• Strong organizational skills and capability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines
• Excellent attention to detail and ability to problem solve
• Independent and self-starting working attitude
• Competency with Microsoft Office and Google Suite (Word, Excel and Google Suite equivalents) and the Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign)
• Proficiency in 2D and 3D drafting, renderings and diagrammatic visualizations
• Business fluent in English; proficiency in German is a plus
We are looking for employees who would like to grow with us and become invested in the Therme Art vision. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams, and working as equals.
How to apply:
Email a cover letter & CV to Therme Art at firstname.lastname@example.org. Include “Junior Architect“ in the email subject.