Therme Art Program
Job category: Legal
Location: Berlin, Germany
Therme Group’s vision is to create the world’s most advanced wellbeing resorts, achieved by harnessing the complex interplay of nature, technology and culture. By combining the traditions of global thermal bathing with an indoor tropical ecosystem, Therme Group’s resorts deliver an experience that enhances mind, body and soul. Therme Group facilities welcome tens of millions of visitors every year, with new projects currently under development in the United Kingdom, mainland Europe, North America and Asia Pacific.
Guided by an understanding of culture as the keystone of spiritual, mental and physical wellbeing, Therme Art looks to art to generate new content and creative wellbeing solutions for use across Therme Group. Working with artists to realise the integration of a ‘Wellbeing Culture’ within urban design, it is a catalyst for collaboration, bringing together an international network of leading figures from diverse fields to address the most urgent aspects of human life. Led by a deep engagement with the natural environment, Therme Art combines the interests of the latest scientific findings in human health, with the needs of urban design and culture.
To help achieve this, we are now seeking to work with a talented Legal Counsel who will oversee all legal affairs of Therme Art to support the realisation of an exciting range of creative projects. The role will be based at the Therme Art office at Erkelenzdamm 5, Berlin, with the possibility of working remotely.
Outline of Duties:
The Legal Counsel will support the internal and external coordination of all legal matters of Therme Art. With in-depth knowledge of the cultural sector, they will bring considerable experience (4-6 years) working at a senior level in a comparable role.
• Advise and support Therme Art daily activities on various areas of law, in particular art law, intellectual property and business law; additionally labour law, GDPR and data privacy
• Draft and review all Therme Art contracts for national and international cross-sector partnerships
• Advise of potential legal risks and recommending strategies to manage and minimise them, optimising business opportunities, and proposing practical solutions to potential problems
• Advise and support on all legal documentation required within the context of artworks production, exhibition, transportation and acquisition, including condition reports, customs, insurance policies, inventory control etc, as well as companies administration
• Operate as a liaison between external lawyers and the team; take charge of regular communication and reports
• Keep updated on the most recent legal developments, especially in the area of IP rights and laws applicable to the digital environments, adapt them to your work and Therme Art’s legal approach
The Legal Counsel will possess an unparalleled work ethic with a high sense of urgency and the ability to work to tight deadlines. They will have a passion for culture and a desire to work with Therme Art on a long-term basis. They will also hold:
- • A lawyer qualification from at least one EU jurisdiction, or a university law master degree
• 3 to 6 years of relevant professional experience in the areas of contracts, art law and/or business law as in-house counsel in an international setting
• In-depth experience and knowledge of cultural markets and creative industries
• An ability to discuss and break down complex legal topics for stakeholders with different backgrounds
• Broad legal knowledge and curiosity for a transdisciplinary approach to work
• Excellent written and verbal communication; negotiation skills is a plus
• Fluency in German and English, an additional language is a plus
• A flexible and dynamic approach to work, with the ability to manage multiple deadlines
We are looking for employees who would like to grow with us and to become invested in the Therme Art vision. In the process, we focus on agile project work, mutual support within teams, and working as equals.
How to apply:
Email cover letter & CV to Therme Art at email@example.com. Include “Legal Counsel” in the email subject.